Education is becoming increasingly demanding – both in terms of running schools as a business and providing the resources to educate young minds. School administrators and boards are often expected to do more with less; with funding tied to fees charged, academic results, student population size, class sizes, average daily attendance, extended program offerings and a range of other measures that detail overall centers performance.
Schools and universities have long been required to produce reporting to stakeholders. And, with progressively tougher operating conditions, it’s an activity that takes significant time and uses substantial administrative resources.
Bright BI Consulting helps many educational organizations to deliver data-based insights that underpin three core areas of planning and assessment:
- Academic outcomes and student experience
- Analyze trends in student subject preferences and performance to boost student results, retention and satisfaction.
- Track academic performance against organizational and government thresholds to enable corrective action to be taken where necessary.
- Track and assess individual, class and year level student performance by subject, and against specific areas of the curriculum within each subject, to pinpoint weaknesses and implement appropriate corrective programs.
- Analyze performance across subsequent exams to determine whether students are responding effectively to extra assistance and new methods of content delivery.
- Monitor behavioral indicators, such as attendance data, incident reports and discipline records, against behavioral benchmarks to determine when intervention is required.
- Administrative effectiveness and efficiency
- Monitor and manage the amount spent on contracted services and “extra curricular” activities.
- Monitor student enrollment figures and class sizes over time to underpin resource planning and calculate government funding requirements and entitlements.
- Analyze costs and funds by faculty to establish budget shortfalls or surplus and determine the scale of any required fund raising activities.
- Track and assess the costs and effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Map and analyze the location of feeder schools and student addresses to develop targeted marketing and student acquisition campaigns.
- Easily provide the information needed to comply with government reporting and funding requirements as well as industry regulations.
- Workforce management and moral
- Monitor and track the balance between teaching and non-teaching staff as well as student-teacher ratios to underpin student intake and hiring plans and processes.
- Monitor and track student intake, compared to the popularity of elective and extra curricular subjects over time, to assist with curriculum, timetabling and workforce planning.
- Monitor allocated workloads to ensure teachers are not over-allotted.
- Track average student grades by year level, subject or teacher – and evaluate against comparable historical data – to identify trends in student and teacher performance.